Guar gum is an additive that has many applications across the industrial spectrum. This post in the following sections will shed light on some quick facts about guar gum.
- Guar gum is the gel-forming organic fiber derived from the seeds of the guar plant.
- Guar gum is odourless and is capable of quickly dissolving in water and turning into a highly viscous paste.
- Guar gum is insoluble in all known organic solvents.
- Absolute hydration is essential to get high-quality food grade guar gum There are several factors that influence the overall viscosity of guar gum gel. This is why one must make sure that the grade of guar powder being used as an additive for processed food products is high.
- Guar gum is also known for its stabilizing as well as emulsifying properties.
- Guar gum powder has time and again proved its capability to form strong hydrogen bonds.
- Compared to other thickening agents, binders and plasticizers, fast hydrating guar gumis a cost-effective option.
Tips to choose the right guar gum supplier
To choose the right guar gum supplier, one should follow the tips mentioned below –
- It is best to choose a food grade guar gum manufacturer in India that follows strict quality assurance protocols.
- The supplier should have an in-house laboratory where in-depth and detailed tests on incoming raw materials as well as finished goods are carried out on a regular basis.
- The manufacturing plants of the supplier should be decked out with the latest equipment.
Factors that affect the quality of guar gum
There are several factors that affect the quality of guar gum. It is best to choose a guar gum supplier by considering the following main aspects of their products in a bid to get the best-quality guar gum –
- Particle size (mesh)
- Moisture content
- Microbiological parameters
- Food or Technical application
For the best results, feel free to seek the product data-sheet from the supplier of various grades of Food Grade Guar Gum in a bid to ensure that the above-mentioned parameters and their respective values conform to your requirements.
Need high quality guar gum in bulk quantities and at affordable rates?
Contact Premcem Gums Pvt. Ltd.
The Mumbai-based company has been supplying high quality guar gum to its pan-India clientele since 1960. It has two production plants located in Ahmedabad as well as Gandhidham. Its annual capacity to produce guar gum is 23,000 MT. The company is also ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, FSSAI, HACCP, Halal and Kosher certified. The firm is also audited and certified by SEDEX. To learn more or to discuss your requirements, please call +91 2221026196/21022769 or send an email to email@example.com.